Thursday, January 1, 2009

Girl's Day At The Mall

That title might scare the common husband, but my husband gratefully knows better. He's known me long enough to know that 1. I don't frequent malls and 2. when I do, I go armed with coupons.

Gracie and I had the afternoon together in Burlington. First stop was to Bath & Body Works. We arrived in time for their semi-annual sale. 75% off a whole lot of things. Bath & Body Works is not a place I would usually shop -- but before Christmas, I was looking for an item that they (of course) no long carry. I was not discouraged though, I found a few nice things for hubby.

Today, I returned. In my arsonal, I had: One $10 GC (Thank you, Smokey Point MOPS group!) and a $10 off $30 purchase -- plus the sale we walked into.

In my shopping bag, I came home with:
1 Hands Cleansing Cream
10 nail files
1 long-handled bath scrub brush
1 set of travel size shampoo & conditioner
1 orchid body butter
1 stuffed lamb animal (gracie's find for the day)
2 8-oz bottles body lotion
1 2-oz body spray
1 2-oz shower gel

Retail Price $95 and change, plus tax
After Coupon, Sale Prices and GC

$17.xx -- Not bad for a "mall novice".

I'm telling you... I've never seen so many "SALE" signs in the mall. A bargainers paradise -- if not for the fact that unless you're paying cash (or your credit card bill at the end of the month), a good deal costs more.

At an accessory store, I found two sets of hair clips for myself. I paid $2.xx. They were originally $4.50 and 5.50 each.

******
Then, we went to see Marley and Me at the movies. We saved $17 in admission costs with our Fandango Movie Passes from a summer Albertsons Promotion. (as a side note, I found the movie to contain some less than "ok" parts for anyone over the age of 4. There were a few suprise "S" and "b" words -- plus some uncessary "gratituious adult scenes". There's also a scene where someone is crying because they were stabbed. Gracie might have been the youngest in the room, although I did see some other kids in the line. My son (age 11) however, would have been asking questions about some of the adult content and themes in this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment