Friday, January 2, 2009

I'll be warmer now for winter...

Warmer and For Less - Before the End of Season?!
My Dickies order just arrived.... I'm so thrilled. Two warm thermal shirts (no, not purple!) and a outdoor coat - warmly lined with a hood. Drum roll please..... I paid $30.XX for the three, including shipping. The coat alone is worth $65. I found this deal they were offering through 12/31-Free shipping too. Awesome. It's been a long time since I have bought new clothes -- for myself. Especially a jacket -- and before the end of season! Saving money pays! So cool -- but I'll be so warm. Hubby is jealous, the arms are too short for him :)

I so wanted Thai food yesterday, but the brake on the right side of Hubby's truck was not working (he quickly drove by the Thai place since he was in a hurry for a hair cut). Not to be discouraged, I foraged through my kitchen cabinets and came up with "Amy's Curry in a Hurry (and little mess!)". Curry powder and REAL coconut milk (I had been using 'diet' coconut milk). No prepared chicken in the freezer (have to get back to that routine), so it was Vegan curry -- complete with garbanzo beans, broccoli, and potatoes. I had fun tossing spices in, like Emeril.....who knows what it could have become! It was delicious, if I do say so myself. It was even better the next day..... So, money saved, and confidence increased since I cooked GOOD food myself.

My find today? It's the Ben & Jerry's ChunkSpelunker Club on their website. $3 off their pints -- and they'll be on sale next week at Walgreens. Join the club at their Ben & Jerry's website and they'll send you a link -- don't forget to print twice.

Oh, and four inserts in this weekend's papers! $2.+ off Electrosol and other goodies! Kmart Doubles, apparently, this week beginning 1/4. Doubles coupons up to and including $1. Check with your local stores customer service desk. The word is no flyers will be sent out.

No comments:

Post a Comment