Monday, June 29, 2009

Amy's Day Out....Country n Savin' Money

Today started with a solo drive to Burlington, to be in line for KMPS music stop.
Snagged a free, pre-release copy of Brad Paisley's new CD (Yea!). That was a $15.0o savings!

Next door to the stop, was Avenue. It rang a sound of familiarity, so I quick-checked my Entertainment book and came up with a 40% off one item. They were in the midst of a super sale already, so I shopped spectacularly and saved a lot. Here's what I got:
One stylish large black beach bag
One Stylish straw hat (wide enough brim to keep the sun off)
One Very cute and Functional wallet-case-thing (slim, rectangular wallet)
Four assorted nice necklaces (these are gifts for b-day and christmas)
One bronze-colored bracelet-style watch (I've been looking for one!)
One necklace in green colors (for all my new "green wear")
One set of three shorter necklaces (these were only .96 for the three) for Gracie and friends

I paid $32.xx, Full price was near $75

I paid a visit to Office Max. I found a two sticker sheets (conversation hearts and st. patricks day). These rang up at .01 each. Also bought .90 3-subject notebook and a "SLOW Children at Play" sign for our driveway.

When I returned home to Oak Harbor, we made a trip to Safeway. I had the most delicious roast beef half-sandwich and cup of soup. I splurged on this $5.xx dinner after bagging these savings:

Trip one:
Four boxes of Pop Secret (sale .99 each, had two .75/2 coupons)
One bottle of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce (sale .99, had $1/1 coupon)
Two pks Trident Gum (clearance for .99, had two .75/1 coupons):
Paid: $3.37, Saved $15.10 (that's 82% by their math)

Trip Two:
Two pks Trident Gum (clearance .99 each, used .75/1 coupon)
Four pks Extra Polar Ice Gum (sale bogo $1.34 each, had two BOGO coupons)
Paid: $1.23, Saved: $9.09 (Savings of 88%)

Not bad for a frugal gal's day out!

No comments:

Post a Comment